Below is an example of a quotation you can expect to receive when requesting estimates from roofline installers.
You can view/save this written quotation in PDF format by clicking this link. We encourage you to save a copy of this and compare it to any written quotations you receive from roofing companies in the United Kingdom.
What to Look For in a Fascia/Soffit Quotation:
- Contact details, inc address, landline phone number, email etc
- VAT number (if applicable)
- Trade affiliations such as Checkatrade or Rated People etc
- Details of any guarantee offered
- Is the cost of scaffold included?
- Is waste disposal included?
- Are they removing the old boards or capping over them?
- Look for brand/product names (Floplast, Swish, Eurocell, Celuform etc)
- Check sizes and dimensions. In our example we suggest 10mm soffits and 18mm fascia boards.
Questions to Ask Your Chosen Company:
We have a ton information for you to read on our page about fascia and sofiit coats/prices but here are a few questions we suggest you ask your chosen installer BEFORE you accept their written quote:
- How long will the work take?
- Why do you recommend these products? What’s the difference compared to other manufacturers/brands?
- What is included/excluded from the guarantee? Can they provide you with an example of their guarantee or is it just a vague offer?
- Where can you read reviews from previous/past customers?
- Are they using sub contractors or employees? Who is ultimately responsible for the work? The Sub contractor or them?
Why are we Showing you This?
As the regular visitors to our website will know, we have researched hundreds of prices/estimates for a variety of home improvement projects. But what exactly should a written quotation look like? What information should it contain?
Since creating this website we have received thousands of quotations from tradespeople all across the UK. Sometimes verbal estimates, occasionally hand written scraps of paper and more often than not – detailed written quotations.
We hope the example on this page will give you an idea of what to expect.
We Invite Your Feedback!
We would love to know your thoughts on our example quote.
Are you a customer? Have you received written quotes? How do they compare to ours?
Are you a roofline installer? What do you think of our written quotes? Have we covered everything?